Monday 26 October 2015

A Finish!

It feels good to actually complete something for a change, at the beginning of October I started four new projects these socks being one of them, it looks like I will be working on the other three for quite some time.



I have discovered that I really enjoy making socks, this will be my third proper pair, I can't get over just how perfect they look and they fit perfectly too, but don't be fooled they are far from perfect, I still make so many mistakes but who cares as long as they fit and look the part that's all that matters right?




I made these with a long circular needle using the magic loop method and used the yarn I bought at Yarndale Artesana linen/silk/wool Dk



I'm not sure if this yarn is really good for sock making because it doesn't have much stretch but they feel comfortable and are lovely and soft.

I was scared that I wouldn't have quite enough to finish the toes but I had just enough with a tiny bit to spare.

I used Christine's Basic 6 ply Boot Socks pattern which can be found here

 I love how the colour changes with this yarn depending on the lighting these two pictures were taken in my kitchen and they look much brighter than the one's I took above in the sunshine.
Sorry I know picture overload :)

Have a great week!

linking with ..
cooking and crafting with j&j





 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Great socks - I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Wow these socks are beautiful and I love that aqua color too! Have fun wearing them.
    Thank you for sharing your knitting project at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We love having you and I hope you have a nice week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love them Linda!. I can't see any mistakes so I guess you did do good!!!
    I would love to make my own socks but haven't had the courage to try.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these socks, Linda! The colors are beautiful and they look like they will be nice and warm for the winter. Great job. I hope you're having a good week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous socks!!! Hope that you love wearing them and working on all of your other WIP's too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours Linda. Socks are very addictive. I've now made a number of pairs but I still feel I have a lot to learn. Also there's so much choice of sock yarn, it's all so irresistible. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Good for you! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy feet ????
    Have a cosy day with your lovely socks on your feet.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant socks! They look smashing, mistakes or not!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely socks Linda. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx